Determine Cords For X and Y Ints.

Animea_Jay

Hi,

This is my first post here, so hopefully im in the right place :)

i am assuming you do these three problems with the same formula. The problem im have is finding which formula to use.

here are the three problems:

1.Determine the coordinates of the x-intercept and y-intercept for the equation below.
(6)/(7)x + (6)/(7)y = 2

2.Determine the coordinates of the x-intercept and the y-intercept for the line described by the equation below.
y = 6x - 9

3.Determine the coordinates of the x-intercept and the y-intercept for the line described by the equation below.
3x - 6y = 17

Once yall can give me the formula ill be set on those and i wanna thank yall in advanced for it :)

and one last problem that i am just oblivious to where to even start at.

You are given the graph of a line.

http://www.webassign.net/bzbcat/3-2-5fig.gif

(a) Use the graph to find the x-intercept, the y-intercept, and the slope.

im clueless.

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Animea_Jay said:
Hi,

This is my first post here, so hopefully im in the right place :)

i am assuming you do these three problems with the same formula. The problem im have is finding which formula to use.

here are the three problems:

1.Determine the coordinates of the x-intercept and y-intercept for the equation below.
(6)/(7)x + (6)/(7)y = 2

2.Determine the coordinates of the x-intercept and the y-intercept for the line described by the equation below.
y = 6x - 9

3.Determine the coordinates of the x-intercept and the y-intercept for the line described by the equation below.
3x - 6y = 17

Once yall can give me the formula ill be set on those and i wanna thank yall in advanced for it :)

and one last problem that i am just oblivious to where to even start at.

You are given the graph of a line.

http://www.webassign.net/bzbcat/3-2-5fig.gif

(a) Use the graph to find the x-intercept, the y-intercept, and the slope.

im clueless.

Thanks in advanced for the help!

You need to understand that the x-intercept of a graph is the point or points where the graph crosses the x-axis. Any point on the x-axis has a y-coordinate of 0.

So, to find the x-intercept for a graph, substitute 0 for y, and solve the resulting equation for the value(s) of x.

Similarly, the y-intercept of a graph is where the graph crosses the y-axis. Any point on the y-axis has an x-coordinate of 0. To find the y-intercept(s) of a graph, substitute 0 for x, and solve for the value(s) of x.

For example, suppose you have this equation:

3x + 2y = 6

Let's find the x-intercept(s). Substitute 0 for y:

3x + 2(0) = 6
3x + 0 = 6
3x = 6
x = 2

The x-intercept of this graph is (2, 0)

What about the y-intercept(s)? Substitute 0 for x:

3(0) + 2y = 6
0 + 2y = 6
2y = 6
y = 3

The y-intercept is at (0, 3)

I hope this helps you.

wow, thats incredible lol.

yes that helped alot, im taking my online test and so far i have every single one correct.

i appreciate the help, your saving me lol i need to keep high grades in the beginning so i have some cushion to mess up on the tests heh.

thank you again!!!!