determining an amount of a unit: trying to find 40% of 4.4548?

Derry

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, please feel free to move it if that's the case.

I'm looking to figure out the following and sorry for my ignorance I don't know how to ask this as a formula the right way.

I have 1 unit that = 4.4548 and I need to figure out what 0.40 of this is. How do I ask this, is this trying to find 40% of 4.4548?

\(\displaystyle 0.40 = \frac{40}{100} = 40\)%. So, the answer to your question is YES.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for confirming that for me I've never been the best when it comes to math. Found my answer and it was correct this and the other units.

Cheers mate!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, please feel free to move it if that's the case.

I'm looking to figure out the following and sorry for my ignorance I don't know how to ask this as a formula the right way.

I have 1 unit that = 4.4548 and I need to figure out what 0.40 of this is. How do I ask this, is this trying to find 40% of 4.4548?
Since you are having problem with verbalizing "some given statement", you could get a more detailed answer if you presented us with the "original problem statement ".

Hi Everyone,

40% of 4.4548 is just 0.4 × 4.4548 = 1.78192. 🤷‍♂️

Hope that helps. 😊