Dime & Light --> Rhyme & Write Puzzle

Otis

Elite Member
Find rhymes for each word below and form a common phrase of two words connected by '&'.

Example: PREY & KITE becomes DAY & NIGHT

1. STRAW and BOARDER

2. WAR and CRAFT

3. SICKLE and THYME

4. BLOKE and SWAGGER

5. WHICH and WHAT

6. FLEECE and RESIST

?

1. law and order
2. bore and shaft
3. nickel and dime
4. cloak and dagger
5. ??
6. cease and desist

1. law and order
2. bore and shaft
3. nickel and dime
4. cloak and dagger
5. ??
6. cease and desist
So far, so good, but my #2 is different. (Hmm, I wonder if yours means the same as my common phrase does.)

For fun, give me a word that you think rhymes with 'what'. I'm wondering how your pronunciation differs from mine.

:)

So far, so good, but my #2 is different. (Hmm, I wonder if yours means the same as my common phrase does.)

For fun, give me a word that you think rhymes with 'what'. I'm wondering how your pronunciation differs from mine.

My #2 is nautical.

I haven't figured out #5 either; for me, it rhymes with "stitch and cut", which isn't a common phrase.

My #2 is nautical.
Yes, it's a very common maritime phrase, but used also in construction and surveying (structures, tracts, roads) to indicate lying or moving along a general line of length.

?

It is complete! ⭐ As a kid, I heard farmers say 'to and fro' a lot, describing roads, crop boundries and such. I know a retired contractor who uses the other, but he was in the navy. Not a very common phrase on land, really.