divide 10 digit number

o'reilly

hi everybody, i'd just like to solve this simple calculation... i'd like to divide a 10 digit number by any number from 2 to 15 and get any result from 1 through 14. That 10 digit number has to contain numbers from 0 to 9 and not repeat itself. (example: 1234567890). This 10 digit numer has to be divided by any number from 2 to 15 any number of times before finally getting an answer between 1 and 14. You cannot divide using a fraction nor get a fraction as an answer. Any help please ? :???:

hi everybody, i'd just like to solve this simple calculation... i'd like to divide a 10 digit number by any number from 2 to 15 and get any result from 1 through 14. That 10 digit number has to contain numbers from 0 to 9 and not repeat itself. (example: 1234567890). This 10 digit numer has to be divided by any number from 2 to 15 any number of times before finally getting an answer between 1 and 14. You cannot divide using a fraction nor get a fraction as an answer. Any help please ? :???:
What is the exact text of the exercise and its instructions? Thank you! ;)

I would interpret the question as being that you are asked to FIND a 10-digit number with no repeating digits, such that all prime factors are 13 or less.
Unfortunately, I don't have many clues to offer. A good guess for the rightmost (units) digit is 0, because there are likely to be factors of both 2 and 5. You can't have more than one factor of 2×5, because that would make two 0s in the result.

Do you have any other clues from the problem? what have you tried?

thanks for your help. here's an example.

A 10 digit number with no doubles (no same number) 2143968750. Divide this number by 9, then by 9, then by 11, then by 11, then by 10, then by 7, then by 5, then by 5,then by 5, then by 5, and then finally by another 5 will give 1. The goal is to finish with a whole number between 1 and 13. Notice also that you can only divide by whole numbers between 2 and 15. Apparently there is about 30 ten digit numbers answers, i do not know the answers except the one in the example but i would like to come up with some kind of formula.

work out some methods for answering questions like this:

to be divisible by 2 a number must___________

to be divisible by 3 a number must___________

to be divisible by 4 a number must___________

11 has a neat one ;)

yes of course the last "divide by 5" was the cherry on the cake :D
there are also different solutions to get the result wanted