dividing meters by second: i got 0.41 meters/0.345 seconds. is the result just 1.188?

caio reis

i have a presentation in 4 days. i have an equation i have to do, seems to simple to be true, but i got 0.41 meters/0.345 seconds. is the result just 1.188?

Yes, this represents a speed of 1.188 meters per second. Why did you doubt it?

(But this is not an equation, much less a differential equation! I'd just call it arithmetic.)

.41 / .345 = 1.188405797.....
In case someone interrupts you during your presentation :)

I 2nd Halls response and say No, the answer is NOT just 1.188. What happened to the units?

damn thanks a lot you guys, if any of you were wondering i was doing Reactive Strength Index. So i guess there isnt any units, but thanks for the quick replies :) !

damn thanks a lot you guys, if any of you were wondering i was doing Reactive Strength Index. So i guess there isnt any units, but thanks for the quick replies :) !
I just read up on this topic. Very interesting.

I still don't like dropping the units. ? (I'm something of a purist.)

-Dan

Frankly, I don't know what a "Reactive Strength index" is but the question in the first post was about "0.14 meters divided by 0.345 seconds" with does have units of "meter per second". If you are doing further calculations to find this "Reactive Strength index", which is unitless, you should still look at the units of the intermediate calculations to see that they do cancel.