Division Dynamically

Kawser

Hello I have length 120 m. I have to divide this section by 5. But I want dynamically change each section. For instance if the first section 50 m, then the rest 70 m would be divided by 4. Same for second section is 10 m then the rest 60 m would be divided by 3. But I have a problem in my concept setup the summation of each division crossed 120 if I change manually any middle section like 80 m. Then we can't control the division. And my formula setup can't control previous division. But I want to control each division dynamically. Not from first to last. Is there any process I can achieve this? Please help me out.

Hello I have length 120 m. I have to divide this section by 5. But I want dynamically change each section. For instance if the first section 50 m, then the rest 70 m would be divided by 4. Same for second section is 10 m then the rest 60 m would be divided by 3. But I have a problem in my concept setup the summation of each division crossed 120 if I change manually any middle section like 80 m. Then we can't control the division. And my formula setup can't control previous division. But I want to control each division dynamically. Not from first to last. Is there any process I can achieve this? Please help me out.
You provided examples but not the rule. Please describe what you are trying to do without using "for instance".

I can't make heads or tails of this. You say the selection of the length of the first section controls the lengths of the remaining 4 sections.

But then you talk about the second section length being chosen independently.

Try again.

Apparently when you say "divide by 5", you really just mean "divide into 5 (not necessarily equal) parts. That is very different.

If there is no condition other than having a total of 120, then changing any one part requires another to change, and you apparently have to do that arbitrarily, since you stated no rule. It appears to be "every part for itself".

You'll have to explain what you want to do more thoroughly.

Actually I want dynamically control this window section attached here. How can I do this? Please let me know your suggestion.

Attachments

• SIZE UPDATE.png
    SIZE UPDATE.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 1
I want to control each section dynamically within the size of the unit.

Dynamic division seems to be a term used by the Montessori schools as a way to divide numbers. But that doesn't seem to be what you are trying to do? Can you give us a simple example of what dynamic division is supposed to do?

-Dan

Actually I want dynamically control this window section attached here. How can I do this? Please let me know your suggestion.
Please define your terms and your goals. What does "dynamically" mean to you? What is the purpose of "controlling" each section?

As far as I can tell, you merely want to be able to arbitrarily assign a width to any section, and somehow adjust the others so that the total width is unchanged. There are many ways you could do that; for example, if you add x to any one section, you could subtract x/4 from each of the others ... unless what would make one or more of them negative. Ultimately, you would probably need, not a formula, but a computer program; and that program can't be designed without specifying its goal.