Equation Needed to Find Probability Based on 2 10-Digit Numbers

jvderosa94

I'm trying to find an equation to calculate a probability based on 2 ten digit numbers. I'm terrible at math and don't really know how to word it, so I created an excel spreadsheet showing the relationship between the two numbers. It's very linear and should be very easy to do (I would imagine).

The equation should take two numbers, a and b (letters aren't important) and should output the percentage.

Reading down the first column shows that the percentage decreases by 5 points for each one unit we increment \(b\) by. Likewise, reading across the first row shows that the percentage decreases by 5 points for each unit we increment \(a\) by. Based on this, what can you say about how much the percentage would decrease if you incremented both \(a\) and \(b\) by one unit each? What would happen to the percentage if you incremented \(a\) by 5 units and \(b\) by 3 units? What would happen if you increased \(a\) by 7 units and \(b\) by 8 units? Where does all of this lead you?

You say: "I'm trying to find an equation to calculate a probability based on 2 ten digit numbers."

Do you mean 2 digit numbers?

Also should the row and column headed "10" really be "0"?