Evaluation of the definite integral

gainwmn

Hi, friends in math. I have difficulty in evaluating(calculating an approximate value) of the erf(x) integral from 1 to infinity. I know how to do it for the same integral taken from 0 to infinity, but somehow my calculation of the former one does not match the value indicated in the problem book. Please, advise.

Hi, friends in math. I have difficulty in evaluating(calculating an approximate value) of the erf(x) integral from 1 to infinity. I know how to do it for the same integral taken from 0 to infinity, but somehow my calculation of the former one does not match the value indicated in the problem book. Please, advise.
For those unfamiliar with erf(x) you should post the integral. You know the value for erf([MATH]\infty[/MATH]), so use
[MATH]\int_1^\infty = \int_0^\infty -\int_0^1[/MATH] and do the second integral numerically. I assume you know a numerical method is necessary.

Have a look at this page

Admittedly, the OP's post is ambiguous but given the function [MATH]\text{erf}(x) = \frac 2 {\sqrt \pi}\int_0^x e^{-t^2}~dt[/MATH], I think what he is asking for is how to calculate [MATH]\frac 2 {\sqrt \pi}\int_1^\infty e^{-t^2}~dt[/MATH], given that he knows how to calculate [MATH]\frac 2 {\sqrt \pi}\int_0^\infty e^{-t^2}~dt[/MATH]. Perhaps the OP will clarify whether it is actually [MATH]\int_1^\infty \text{erf}(x)~dx[/MATH] that he wants.