Excel formula

Cole1

I have a large spreadsheet currently consisting of the numbers 1 and 2 (thanks to previous assistance). I am trying to enter a formula in excel that will color all of the number 1 cells a color, yellow. I can write an IF formula but I do not know how to tell the computer to color the cell. Any help!!! Thanks in advance!!

Excell

you highlight the column or row you want to format in a certain color then you right click and go to format cells in that box at the top go to font and on the font page their will be a color box you then select the color you want and tell it ok hope this helps

I do not understand. I follow you all the way but do not know how to tell the computer to only color the cells with a one. Each column and row consists of both ones and twos.

Cole1 said:
I do not understand...how to tell the computer to only color the cells with a one.
I don't remember the specifics, but there should be instructions in the Excel "Help" for something along the lines of "conditional formatting". Try looking for that.

Good luck! :D

Eliz.

It's on the main menu. Pick "Format" - "Conditional Formatting".

It is NOT available by right clicking the cell and picking "Format Cells" option. You must use the Main Menu.