Find k

15.5 = (133.7517 + 8.33k) ÷ (5.891 + k)
F=?
F isn't mentioned in your equation.

Is it a value for
k that you wish to find?
(That involves fairly straightforward rearrangement(s) of the equation.)

Please show us the whole of your problem (as it was presented to you).
A picture will suffice if you cannot (easily) type it all out.

EDIT: I have just noticed the TITLE of the thread but why, then, have you written: "
F=?" ???? ?

Last edited:
I'm afraid "Advanced Math" isn't really the right 'place' for this, @Petro, it would be better placed in "Beginning Algebra". ?

If
\(\displaystyle F, a, b\) & \(\displaystyle c\) are all constants (ie: just numbers) then you could follow this kind of 'procedure':-

[math]F=(a+bk)÷(c+k)\\ \Rightarrow F(c+k)=(a+bk)\\ \Rightarrow Fc + Fk=a+bk\\ \Rightarrow Fk=a+bk-Fc\\ \Rightarrow Fk-bk=a-Fc\\ \Rightarrow k(F-b)=a-Fc\\ \Rightarrow k=\frac{a-Fc}{F-b}[/math]
Please now show us your attempt to solve for
k

Last edited:
If \(\displaystyle F, a, b\) & \(\displaystyle c\) are all constants (ie: just numbers) then you could follow this kind of 'procedure':-

[math]F=(a+bk)÷(c+k)\\ \Rightarrow F(c+k)=(a+bk)\\ \Rightarrow Fc + Fk=a+bk\\ \Rightarrow Fk=a+bk-Fc\\ \Rightarrow Fk-bk=a-Fc\\ \Rightarrow k(F-b)=a-Fc\\ \Rightarrow k=\frac{a-Fc}{F-b}[/math]
Please now show us your attempt to solve for
k
Thank you. You are right

K=5.92
But I need a full formula
I can't (entirely) agree with your answer, @Petro.

One of your numbers is given to 4 decimal places, therefore, you should really quote your answer to the same degree of "accuracy".

I would also have liked to see your "working" similar to this:-
(So we may be reassured that you have understood what you were doing.)

## Simplw Algebra.jpg

I have no idea what you mean by your need for a "full formula"???
Surely what I have posted provides you with any kind of "formula" you might require? ?