Find original numbers of cards, before trades.

Alysia!

You have some sports cards, and you give 8 cards to Alice. Alice gives 4 of her cards to Bill. Finally, Bill gives 10 of his cards to you. All of you now have 14 cards. Find how many cards each of you had before the trades.

I am confused. Help, please? Thank you!

How many did you give away? How many were you given? What then was your net (overall) change? If you ended up with 14, how many then did you begin with?

How many did Alice give away? How many was she given? What was her net change? If she ended up with 14, how many did she begin with?

How many did Bill give away? How many was he given? What was his net change? If he ended up with 14, how many did she begin with?

Eliz.

P.S. Tutors aren't being "sarcastic" or "mean" or "picking on you" when they ask you please to speak clearly. When you're asking for a favor, it might be nice to be considerate of those from whom you are asking that favor. Doing so helps ensure that lengthy back-and-forth confusion, such as has been cut from this thread, can be avoided. Thank you.

Alysia! said:
You have some sports cards, and you give 8 cards to Alice. Alice gives 4 of her cards to Bill. Finally, Bill gives 10 of his cards to you. All of you now have 14 cards. Find how many cards each of you had before the trades.
Cards held after each transfer
..You.......Alice.......Bill
...Y..........A..........B
..Y-8........A+8.........B
..Y-8........A+4........B+4
..Y+2........A-4........B-6

Y+2 = A-4 = B-6 = 14

I bet you can take it from here.

Alysia! said:
TchrWill said:
Cards held after each transfer
..You.......Alice.......Bill
...Y..........A..........B
..Y-8........A+8.........B
..Y-8........A+4........B+4
..Y+2........A+4........B-6

Y-2 = A-4 = B+6 = 14...small typos ... Y + 2 = A + 4 = B - 6 = 14

I bet you can take it from here.