Find the distance from C to A.

chijioke

IMG_20230514_160800.jpg This is my diagram IMG_20230525_224402.jpg
The distance from C to A is 3km from my diagram. But I was asked to find the distance from C to A. I am thinking supposed distance from C to A is C to B. Is anything wrong with my diagram?

View attachment 35859 This is my diagram View attachment 35860
The distance from C to A is 3km from my diagram. But I was asked to find the distance from C to A. I am thinking supposed distance from C to A is C to B. Is anything wrong with my diagram?
Yes, there is something very wrong with your diagram.

Try adding this Compass Points.jpg to your diagram and you should then see what (immediately).

If you still can't see what's wrong with it then let us know and I'm sure someone will re-draw it (correctly) for you. (Or just tell you where
C should be in relation to B. ?)

Remember: he goes
East from A and then North from B!

Please DO come back (with the correct sketch
?) and let us know your answer for the distance from
C to A.

Last edited:
I can't still see it. What is wrong?

It is important to read carefully; some problems depend as much on understanding English as on understanding math.

1685103321623.png

The key phrase here is "then changes direction and". He does not walk 4 km east from A, or alternatively walk 3 km north from A; rather, the two motions are sequential: He first walks east, then continues from B by walking north from there.

You were told that the drawing was wrong, but you repeated the same drawing rather than starting anew and following the directions.

Grrrrrrrrrrr! ?

Imagine yourself (on the paper) at Point
A.
Walk East to B then go North (Up!) from
B to C.
You don't end up where you put
C, do you?

(
C should be above B not above A!!!!)
For the avoidance of any doubt...
Man Walking.jpg

Please now show us your (correct) answer (with appropriate sketch).

Last edited: