Find width and height of an object

bw61293

Shape1.JPG
I am trying to find the width and height of this object. I know that for the width I think I will use the radius of the arc on the left which is .489+1.648+.707. I am not sure how to find the portion past .707. For the height, I think I will use the diameter of the arc on the left, which would be .978, but I am not sure how to find the portion above that. Any help would be grateful!

View attachment 4366
I am trying to find the width and height of this object. I know that for the width I think I will use the radius of the arc on the left which is .489+1.648+.707. I am not sure how to find the portion past .707. For the height, I think I will use the diameter of the arc on the left, which would be .978, but I am not sure how to find the portion above that. Any help would be grateful!
What do you mean by "width" and "height" of an object like this?

Do you mean the width and height of a rectangle this object will just fit in? Are we to assume the sides of that rectangle must be horizontal and vertical?

I am assuming that you want the length and the with of the rectangle that is in horizontal/vertical orientation:

The length (horizontal) = 0.489 + 1.648+ 0.707 + 0.297

The height (vertical) = 0.489 + 0.707 + 0.297

Add it up.....

What do you mean by "width" and "height" of an object like this?

Do you mean the width and height of a rectangle this object will just fit in? Are we to assume the sides of that rectangle must be horizontal and vertical?
I am not sure. The problem only states to find the width and height of this object.

Where are your 2 problems coming from? Your math teacher?
Yeah she passed out a packet of worksheets and did not go over any of the material in the packets because she said it is previous knowledge