Find Y Prime

calculus123

Hello all,

This is my first post here and it seems I will be coming here everyday because I'm taking Calculus now and I don't understand half the stuff in class. I'm having difficulties solving these two problems. Could someone please help me?

m2fdd.jpg

Well, you just told us why we have placement exams and prerequisites.

Are you actually sitting in the exam, right now?

The first one starts out with 2yy' = ... You tell me what's next.

Could someone please help me?

We could, if you were to explain where you're stuck. :)

These boards are for tutoring; in almost all cases, volunteers here have no time for teaching classroom material. (There are plenty of lessons and examples elsewhere on the Internet for that.)

It seems like you missed reading our guidelines.

Please demonstrate what you already know about these exercises (i.e., implicit differentiation) by showing us some work that you've already tried or by explaining what you've already considered. If you have a specific question about this exercise, your lessons, class material, concepts, terminology, or symbols, then please post it.

We respond based upon the information that you provide about your situation. Cheers :cool:

In the first question, you are given that \(\displaystyle y^2= x^3(2- x)\).

I presume you can multiply out the right side to get \(\displaystyle y^2= 2x^3- x^4\)
Can you differentiate the right side? Do you know what the derivtive of \(\displaystyle x^n\), with respect to x is?

Do you know the chain rule? That \(\displaystyle \frac{d(f(y))}{dx}= \frac{df}{dy}\frac{dy}{dx}\)? So what is \(\displaystyle \frac{dy^2}{dy}\)?

Last edited by a moderator: