Finding the Magnitude of Force?

knpoe03

Hello! Thanks for taking a look at my question!

Now, before someone yells at me for not posting my work, I'd like to just clarify that I'm not asking for an answer, but rather I'm looking for a way to approach this. I'm not confident with vectors yet and am unfamiliar with the equations I should go about using. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me get started.

Below, I've included my problem as well as a picture that I've made to visualize the situation (the picture may be wrong, fyi). Please be patient with me, I'm trying my best here. Thanks.

Your car, a Volkswagen Bug weighing 1,850 pounds, is parked on a hill with the angle of elevation equal to 40 degrees. Find the magnitude of the force needed to prevent the car from rolling down the hill. Sketch and label a picture of the situation with your solution.

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 8.21.25 PM.png

Now, before someone yells at me for not posting my work, I'd like to just clarify that I'm not asking for an answer, but rather I'm looking for a way to approach this. I'm not confident with vectors yet and am unfamiliar with the equations I should go about using. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me get started.

Below, I've included my problem as well as a picture that I've made to visualize the situation (the picture may be wrong, fyi). Please be patient with me, I'm trying my best here. Thanks.

Your car, a Volkswagen Bug weighing 1,850 pounds, is parked on a hill with the angle of elevation equal to 40 degrees. Find the magnitude of the force needed to prevent the car from rolling down the hill. Sketch and label a picture of the situation with your solution.

View attachment 25868
For this problem, I am assuming that you need to treat the car as a particle.

Have you learned to draw Free-Body-Diagram for particles in force equilibrium?

View attachment 25868