first posts for fun

Hi Galactus:

Neat idea!

One day in 2004, this web site would no longer allow me to log on. Ted was unable to help me; I started over, later.

I, too, would like to see my very first post, but here's what happens when I try.

[attachment=2:15vjggr4]Search.JPG[/attachment:15vjggr4]

The search results state, "No suitable matches were found".

When I check the members list manually, I find this.

[attachment=1:15vjggr4]Joined.JPG[/attachment:15vjggr4]

And this.

[attachment=0:15vjggr4]Vitals.JPG[/attachment:15vjggr4]

When I click on the link "Search user's posts", the results state, "No suitable matches were found".

Cheers,

~ Mark :)

Last edited:
galactus said:
I found it OK ...

Wrong! (Check the dates.)

I wrote that I would like to see my very first post.

Cheers,

~ Mark :?

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw you previously. It went back to November 2003, but I got the same as you when trying to access the posts.

"no suitable matches found?.

Perhaps they were deleted for some inexplicable reason when you registered under a new name. I don't know. Maybe Ted can help can you are curious.

I even looked under Advanced Search, but still got the same thing. Strange :?

It may have something to do with the same reason it would not let you log on back 4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
galactus said:
Perhaps they were deleted for some inexplicable reason when you registered under a new name.
I can't imagine why the script would delete an old account just because someone registers a new account. How would the script "know" any two accounts actually represented the same person?

Hint: Think about the times when one user posts a homework assignment under two or more different accounts, pretending to be different people, rather than one person flooding a forum. :wink:

galactus said:
Maybe Ted can help can you are curious.
He hadn't been able to figure it out at the time, as I recall. It certainly was very odd. :shock:

Eliz.

stapel said:
I can't imagine why the script would delete an old account just because someone registers a new account. How would the script "know" any two accounts actually represented the same person?

Hint: Think about the times when one user posts a homework assignment under two or more different accounts, pretending to be different people, rather than one person flooding a forum. :wink:

Eliz.

If you would like, there is a way to prevent the same email address from registering as two different users. Go to administration control panel, general tab, user registration settings, and select "No" for "Allow email address re-use".

This won't help Mark, but if this is a problem, you could check the settings. Of course, most kids today have several email addresses, so I'm not sure if there's any real way around this.

(My first post was too recent to have any fun with it.)

-Paul

Click on "members"; 218 pages exist.
The ""No suitable matches were found" applies from page 1 to middle of page 21:
member "Dimeneira" is last to whom this applies;
next member "Nicole" is ok.
The date is Feb2-3/2005.
He is somewhere in the 1st 20 pages: so tuff bananas, Mark!!

Yours truly, private eye Denis :wink:

PS: the site went down for a while when I was looking at them pages...if it's due
to my "looking" at "back then": sorry Ted :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Denis said:
... so tuff bananas, Mark!

Well, Denis, at least my original vitals survived, so you can always look them up whenever you begin to forget who's senior.

:twisted:

Last edited: