Fraction Question

Raman10

I am an improper fraction whose numerator is two digits and whose denominator consists of one digit that is greater than 5. If the sum of the digits in my numerator is 18, which fractions could I be?

What have you tried? We do not do homework for students on this site. We want the student to solve their own problems with the help of this forum.

Here are some hints.

If the denominator is one digit and greater than 5, then what can number or numbers, if any can the denominator be.

You know the sum of the digits in the numerator is 18 and the numerator is a 2-digit number. So what number or numbers, if any can the numerator be.

An improper fraction is when the numerator is greater than the denominator in this case the numerator is set to be 18. 18/7 and 18/8 won’t be an even sum.

An improper fraction is when the numerator is greater than the denominator in this case the numerator is set to be 18. 18/7 and 18/8 won’t be an even sum.
?? Where did "even sum" come from? There was no mention of an "even sum" previously.

Are you trying to add 18/7 and 18/8? Why?

You claim the sum will not be even, so what did you get for the sum. And again, why are you getting sums??