Fraction Trobule

lingping7

Hello everyone, I am stuck here with a problem
Capture.JPG
Since nobody will sit there subtracting all the terms and then multiplying them, I would like to know a method to these kind of questions.
Thanks in Advance :p

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am stuck here with a problem
View attachment 2538
Since nobody will sit there subtracting all the terms and then multiplying them, I would like to know a method to these kind of questions.
Thanks in Advance :p

Hint:

Factorize 2 out - and continue.....

You need find the solution - what effort did you make?

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

And all the things that need to be subtracted are in brackets.

Where are the brackets??

Last edited by a moderator:
the person who posted the question did show exactly where he/she was stuck. :?:

Not really!! For the level of the problem, one should quickly realize that the 2 factors out. The OP should show(or state) that as first step as his/her work. In the absence of that, I give that "silly" hint and wait for more work (and lecture from the corner.....)

OK the problem, I think I have not made it clear.
It's (2-1/3)(2-3/5)(2-5/7)............(2-997/999)
1/3,3/5,5/7 etc. are all fractions

Hello, lingping7!

You finally gave us the parentheses . . .

\(\displaystyle \left(2-\frac{1}{3}\right)\left(2-\frac{3}{5}\right)\left(2-\frac{5}{7}\right)\left(2-\frac{7}{9}\right) \cdots \left(2-\frac{995}{997}\right)\left(2 -\frac{997}{999}\right)\)

If you had done the subtractions, you would get:

. . \(\displaystyle \left(\frac{5}{3}\right) \left(\frac{7}{5}\right) \left(\frac{9}{7}\right)\left(\frac{11}{9}\right) \cdots \left(\frac{999}{997}\right)\left(\frac{1001}{999}\right)\)

After reducing, you have: \(\displaystyle \dfrac{1001}{3}\)