Functions

anchovy

Hi, I already did these 9 questions, but can someone check them for me?
1637184059381.png
1637184084926.png
1637184107543.png
1637184127892.png
Thanks in advanced!

Hi anchovy. I got different answers on #2, #3 and #4. One of my checkboxes on #7 is different.

For #2, consider the one-sided limits as x approaches -3 and as x approaches 5. If you haven't learned limits yet, then draw the graph. An open circle within a domain indicates a discontinuity.

For #3, check your arithmetic or draw the graph.

For #4, please show your work.

For #7, [EDIT: #7 is okay. I'd become distracted while reading, and I'd made an error in logic.]

For #6, I got 2.45 ;) Really, they ought to have written #6 as multiple-choice.

I skipped #9. Please explain how you'd interpreted their English.

?

PS: It's not convenient for readers to have to repeatedly scroll up and down an unnumbered list of exercises. It would have been better to create nine threads, instead. Cheers

Hi anchovy. I got different answers on #2, #3 and #4. One of my checkboxes on #7 is different.

For #2, consider the one-sided limits as x approaches -3 and as x approaches 5. If you haven't learned limits yet, then draw the graph. An open circle within a domain indicates a discontinuity.

For #3, check your arithmetic or draw the graph.

For #4, please show your work.

For #7, here's a question to think about: If you know that y is never negative, can you simplify the expression |y|?

For #6, I got 2.45 ;) Really, they ought to have written #6 as multiple-choice.

I skipped #9. Please explain how you'd interpreted their English.

?

PS: It's not convenient for readers to have to repeatedly scroll up and down an unnumbered list of exercises. It would have been better to create nine threads, instead. Cheers
Thanks! I'll keep the note in mind for next time.

For number 2 I got C instead.
For number 3 I got (-inf,5) instead.
For number 4 I got 7 instead.
For number 6 would 2.5 be fine too, I think I got 2.4 the first time because I had a type and switched 5 with a 4?
For number 7, I'm not sure what you mean, since we don't know that y can never be negative?
For number 9 its asking for the transformation of point p and then if the point is (a,b) it's asking for 2a+b. Like the if the new point was(1,2) 2(1)+2=4

For number 2 I got C instead.
For number 3 I got (-inf,5) instead.
For number 4 I got 7 instead.
For number 6 would 2.5 be fine too, I think I got 2.4 the first time because I had a type and switched 5 with a 4?
For number 7, I'm not sure what you mean, since we don't know that y can never be negative?
For number 9 its asking for the transformation of point p and then if the point is (a,b) it's asking for 2a+b. Like the if the new point was(1,2) 2(1)+2=4
Very good. Your answers are now correct.

My point about #6 is that the graph isn't clear. I was looking at a cell-phone screen before; today, I'm using a big monitor at the library. Anywhere near 2.5 ought to be accepted.

(I'd been thinking of a different exercise, on #7.)

?

#9 is not correct.

You know that f(9) = -1 where y=f(x)

In y= f(-x/3) you need to replace x with -27 in order to be computing f(9). Then 2f(9)-1 = -3.
a+b = 27+(-3) = 24