Future value? "You decide to purchase an investment that will pay you $4000..."

SweetPete

Future value? "You decide to purchase an investment that will pay you $4000..."

"You decide to purchase an investment that will pay you 4000 dollars each year for the next 20 years. If this investment returns 6%, how much should you be willing to pay for it?"

Is this a future value interest factor annuity (fvifa) situation? I believe so because you would be forking out money for a future value return. I may be way off, but that's why I'm here.

Thanks

That's the Present Value of an annuity; formula:
P = A * [(1 + i)^n - 1] / i

P = Present value (?)
A = annuity amount (4000)
n = number of periods (20)
i = interest per period (.06)

P = A * [1 - (1 + i)^(-n)] / i

Seems like Sir Jonah and Sir Denis were together drinking Smirnoff last night

Beer soaked ramblings follow.
P = A * [1 - (1 + i)^(-n)] / i

Seems like Sir Jonah and Sir Denis were together drinking Smirnoff last night
Nay Sir Dexter, I say nay. I say simple inattention to a minor detail (probably brought about by Sir Denis answering a question without his preferred beverage running through his veins) was Sir Denis' sin.
Sir Denis' minor error aside, the bigger question is why the adaptation of a "standard" notation of a well known financial formula which you detest so much? Is it possible that you yourself were intoxicated (hopefully with absinthe) when you posted without using your own delightful notation?

Sir Denis' minor error aside, the bigger question is why the adaptation of a "standard" notation of a well known financial formula which you detest so much? Is it possible that you yourself were intoxicated (hopefully with absinthe) when you posted without using your own delightful notation?

I was stoned to debt when writing my reply. Local law

About my version of the financial formulas

Please consult many amendments to Book of Odd

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jc13o74p9i2xxv1/AAA6V72t6-ntqUW0BpV_FBgua?dl=0

0th amendment: Valuation function V leads to 1,700 TVM formulas

1st amendment: Valuation function V leads to 3,620 TVM formulas

2nd amendment: Valuation function V leads to 7,400 TVM formulas