Generalized Taxicab Numbers

PM1

I was reading this piece of conjecture for Generalized Taxicab Number: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1901.09053.pdf
I was wondering for T(2,5,n) which we still haven't found any pairs, can we prove that it actually doesn't have a pair which the numbers are similar. For example, a^5+b^5 <> c^5+d^5, in which c^5=2*d^5. Simply put, can we prove that for any c, d of positive integers, we c^5<>2*d^5.
The ideas i have are using Fermat's infinite descent method, but can we prove that there are infinite integer numbers which can form another equation like c^5=2*d^5, so that c^5<>2*d^5? I can prove that it will, but i'm not sure it will be integers.
If we can, then with Fermat's last theorem, a^n+b^n<>c^n, we can easily see that a^5+b^5<>c^5, means a^5+b^5<>d^5+d^5. So we can never find n=2 ways in that the numbers are similar. After which we can focus on only different numbers, and assume c<d so we can again apply FIDM to prove that we can't find another pair.

I thought that everyone who ever had a course in number theory had heard the anecdote of Hardy's hospital visit to Ramanujan?
I never had a course in number theory - but heard this story (and retold this to my engineer friends!).

I too heard this story. How can one study math and not hear this story somewhere?

Reactions: pka
What is this story implying? That Ramanujan was some sort of savant who could visualize that 1729 was the sum of cubes in 2 ways right off the top of his head? Or that he had been previously studying such a thing and 1729, the least of these, had already come up and he was aware of it?

What is this story implying? That Ramanujan was some sort of savant who could visualize that 1729 was the sum of cubes in 2 ways right off the top of his head? Or that he had been previously studying such a thing and 1729, the least of these, had already come up and he was aware of it?
Ramanujan was already studying this and just had a conversation about this number. Later there were people studying this and then they realized the K3 Surface Field math. It was really brilliant.
I would love to discuss about the Fermat's Infinite Descend method for proving this, as above mentioned. Not rarely that an amateur mathematician could discover what the prof. didn't, because either they didn't care enough or they didn't have time. Mostly trivial things that led to a whole new field, just like Ramanujan and his Taxicab, led to K3 Surface field. Or Fermat's last theorem, led to the proof of one of Langland's conjectures.

Either way it is still a great story. Ramanujan was just an amazing mathematician! I suspect for the record that he had been previously studying such a thing and 1729, the least of these, had already come up and he was aware of it.