Geometry High School- Help

AAA

Hi,

Can someone give me a step to step explanation or simply easy steps to solve this problem?

Attachments

• Help explain this to me pls.png
    Help explain this to me pls.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi, Can someone give me a step to step explanation or simply easy steps to solve this problem?

1615128618736.png

The quadrilateral BACD is a trapezoid (Why?)

Apply Parallel line theorem (sum of interior angles = 180o) and solve

Alternatively,

mDCB = mCBA

Now apply theorem of sum of angles in a triangle (CBA) and solve.....

Ok. I will solve it and send you my steps. Can you check them for me?

Ok. I will solve it and send you my steps. Can you check them for me?
Post your work here - in Geometry forum and in your thread - you will have lot of help.

Thank you. So here: I know that the total angles of any triangle should equal 180 degrees. Is that right? So since I have two angles of BCD; like two triangles. You know what I mean? I then calculated the third angle which is X.

100+30=130

130+ ?= 100 degrees

So 180-130 gives me 50. Is that the answer?

Thank you. So here: I know that the total angles of any triangle should equal 180 degrees. Is that right? So since I have two angles of BCD; like two triangles. You know what I mean? I then calculated the third angle which is X.

100+30=130

130+ ?= 100 degrees

So 180-130 gives me 50. Is that the answer?
Your numerical answer is correct. But I do not follow your reasoning. Have you studied "two column proof"?

No what is "two column proof"? I didn't study that.

And If i got the answer correct than my reasoning is correct too. Obviously,

Last edited:
What in my reasoning do you not agree with?

130+?=100 degrees. means that 130+ an unknown number or x= 100 degrees. You get it?

Can someone give me a step to step explanation or simply easy steps to solve this problem?
You are given a quadrilateral with opposite sides of equal length. So what sort of figure is is it,
What do you know about consecutive angles is such?

I made it myself in order to figure out my answer. They are the angle measures on the triangle. Take a look at the pic I sent you.
No I don't get it!

Where did that equation (130+?=100) - come from?

No what is "two column proof"? I didn't study that.

And If i got the answer correct than my reasoning is correct too. Obviously,
No absolutely not!

You may write:

(95)/(19) = (95)/(19) = 5 ........ answer is correct but reason is absurd (not even wrong!)

It's not absurd. Maybe if I write it THAT way with an x instead of a question mark it would be more clearer. 130+x=100. All math problems uses this reasoning.

It's not absurd. Maybe if I write it THAT way with an x instead of a question mark it would be more clearer. 130+x=100. All math problems uses this reasoning.
Do you realize that in that equation x = - 30 and NOT 50 !!

OOPs! I get what you mean now.

Last edited:
I meant 180 degrees minus 30= 50. Thats the equation I meant.