Geometry problem, no clue

legendenwiklund

Hi guys,
I’ve received a geometry problem from my math teacher to solve during the weekend. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin.

1645409939138.png
Here’s the problem, the answer I’m looking for is the exact solution of r (the radius of the orange circle).

I’ve tried to find the area of each of the circles and that leads me to find that r=Sqrt 1/24 or about 0.2. I feel like this is just an estimate and not the exact answer or even the correct answer which my teacher is looking for.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Hi guys,
I’ve received a geometry problem from my math teacher to solve during the weekend. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin.
View attachment 31222
Here’s the problem, the answer I’m looking for is the exact solution of r (the radius of the orange circle).

I’ve tried to find the area of each of the circles and that leads me to find that r=Sqrt 1/24 or about 0.2. I feel like this is just an estimate and not the exact answer or even the correct answer which my teacher is looking for.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
You've evidently started already; can you show how you got the number you did, so we can check it and perhaps suggest ways to extend it?

I would start by checking the radii of the purple and green circles; in doing that, I'd expect to gain some understanding of the problem. Have you done that? A key part will be drawing a radius of the large circle through the center of each small circle.