Get position of object when rotated alpha° based on mid point O

DankRed2

I need to get position of a object (can be anything) when rotated alpha° based on mid point O.

I tried to solve this by using a feature of circle and line's meeting point- but there were several issues regarding, but first I will tell you the conditions.

- I know the value alpha
- I know where exactly object is before I rotate it = know the distance between O and not-moved object's middle point.
- Mid point O is (0, 0)
- You can make a lot of triangles and circles to solve this, but I want simplest way to solve this- even its quick-and-dirty way.
- Distance between object and O is ALWAYS SAME.

Now the issues,

- I tried to solved this by using x=0 or y=0 between moved position and feature of circle and a line's meeting point (circle is made of a line between moved and not-moved object's middle point, line is between O and moved object's middle point). Has a limitation because when moving to 351 to 348 didn't have x=0 or y=0 at the middle (does not have to be exact) of it. Any other way than drawing y=-4x or such things like this?
- As I mentioned "meeting point" above, sometimes it was not a single point. So I need to know condition to programmatically define to choose a single point. Just tell me how I can logically tell which point is the point I actually want.

This is very hard to follow. Can you show a picture? Do you know any trigonometry?

15961593824926667806277806135228.jpg

I tried to visualize this, however it does not always look like this because this can be any* shape based on this' structure. Hopefully it is visable enough.. (I will update this picture as soon as I get home.*)

What I know is location of Obj0, and distance between it and O*, and alpha. I need to know Obj1's exact location.

As you see y=mx line* overlaps 2 part of point circle and in these two, location of Obj1 is what I want.*

Also, I only know the very basic of trigonometry.. I can't use any of cos rule at all.

Edit: fixed typo at *

This site's PC GUI is so different from mobile and it is so confusing, so I guess I will just post a new picture here.
edjawioe7ywiebgei4.png
Sorry for the bad quality.

What is confusing (to me) is that you say "based on mid point O" but then say "I ... know the distance between O and not-moved object's middle point."

So "mid-point O" is NOT the "object's middle point"? Then what is it the mid point of?

I think you mean simply rotating an object around a given "center of rotation", not a "mid point".

To do that, use the fact that the a single point (x, y), rotated around (0, 0) through angle \(\displaystyle \alpha\) will move to point \(\displaystyle (x+ r \cos(\alpha), y+ r \sin(\alpha))\) where r is the distance from (0, 0) to (x, y), \(\displaystyle r= \sqrt{x^2+ y^2}\). If the center of rotation is \(\displaystyle (a, b)\), not (0,0), first translate to the origin, then rotate, then translate back: \(\displaystyle (x_0, y_0)\to (x_1, y_1)= (x_0- a, y_0- b)\to (x_1+ r cos(\alpha), y_1+ r sin(\alpha))=(x_2, y_2)\to (x_2+ a, y_2+ b)\).

What is confusing (to me) is that you say "based on mid point O" but then say "I ... know the distance between O and not-moved object's middle point."

So "mid-point O" is NOT the "object's middle point"? Then what is it the mid point of?

I think you mean simply rotating an object around a given "center of rotation", not a "mid point".

To do that, use the fact that the a single point (x, y), rotated around (0, 0) through angle \(\displaystyle \alpha\) will move to point \(\displaystyle (x+ r \cos(\alpha), y+ r \sin(\alpha))\) where r is the distance from (0, 0) to (x, y), \(\displaystyle r= \sqrt{x^2+ y^2}\). If the center of rotation is \(\displaystyle (a, b)\), not (0,0), first translate to the origin, then rotate, then translate back: \(\displaystyle (x_0, y_0)\to (x_1, y_1)= (x_0- a, y_0- b)\to (x_1+ r cos(\alpha), y_1+ r sin(\alpha))=(x_2, y_2)\to (x_2+ a, y_2+ b)\).
Solved the issue, yes you are right. I meant by simply rotating object around (0, 0). Now I see a lot of errors in my question, I will try to improve this question later (when my English skill gets somewhat decent) for anyone having a same question on the internet and looking for an answer! Appreciate your volunteering.