Graph the function g(x)=f(2(x-1))+2.

KarlyD

Draw the graph of the function g(x)=f(2(x-1))+2.

[Hint: Note that f(-1)=1 and f(0)=1/2.]

*****My problem lies with the question itself. I've read through my textbook, yet I don't understand the concept of g at x when it equals f at something. Can someone please explain this in plain English? Pretty please? :lol:

Thanks a lot.

KarlyD said:
I don't understand the concept of g at x when it equals f at something. Can someone please explain this in plain English?
It sounds as though you are not familiar with functions, function notation, function evaluation, and/or composition of functions. :shock:

Fortunately, there are loads of great lessons available online, which can "explain" these topics "in plain Engish!" :wink:

. . . . .Google results for "functions"

. . . . .Google results for "function notation"

. . . . .Google results for "function evaluate"

. . . . .Google results for "function composition"

Once you have studied some lessons (especially ones on evaluation and composition), please attempt the exercise. If you get stuck, please reply showing everything you have tried so far. :idea:

Thank you! :D

Eliz.

KarlyD said:
Draw the graph of the function g(x)=f(2(x-1))+2.

[Hint: Note that f(-1)=1 and f(0)=1/2.]

*****My problem lies with the question itself. I've read through my textbook, yet I don't understand the concept of g at x when it equals f at something. Can someone please explain this in plain English? Pretty please? :lol:

Thanks a lot.

What does the graph of y = f(x) look like?