Scorpy, I understand you wanting to help, but someone that asks how to graph y=2x-7 is not going to understand all the info you mention above.1. Find the domain
2. Find the intercepts by x=0, so y=-7 and vice versa y=0 x=7/2
3. Symmetry (even/odd function) f(-x)
- vertical (find a value that provides non 0 in the numerator and 0 in denominator)
- horizontal (limit as x tend to +/- infinity)
- oblique (by long division, if appropriate)
And be aware that polynomial functions don't have asymptotes!!
5. Increasing/decreasing intervals, max/min and critical points by finding the first derivative
6. Concavity, point of inflection (if occur) by finding the second derivative
7. Sketch the graph by plotting all the points
I understand your desire to help, Semo....but what you have said here is quite simply incorrect, and will probably only serve to confuse the original poster.I think my way is actually easier.
-7 is the X-intercept
2X is the slope
Make a point at (-7,0)
The slope is 2/1 and it's positive so you go up 2 and right 1
Make a line