Graph

Stouffville

A utility company burns coal to generate electricity. The cost C (in dollars) of removing p amount (percent) of the smokestack pollutants is given by C=80,000p/ (100-p)

It is not possible because it will be hard to find resources to generate electricity

Algebraic analysis:

C= 80.000p/ (100-p)

C= 80,000(100)/ (100-100)

C = 8000000/0

C= undefined

This was part B

What happens if the company does try to remove 100 percent of the pollutants? Will the company be successful at doing so, or will the attempt end in failure, that is, will it be too much expense for the company?

This is for part B: I think the company will not succeed. Also as you can see it part A the cost will be undefined if they try to remove 100%

I do not know how to do part C: Draw a diagram to show what the consequences of the last question would be. Lable the vertical asymptote(s) and analyze their impact on the company’s expense.

I know that the vertical asymptote(s) is 100. But I do not know how to do the graph

A utility company burns coal to generate electricity. The cost C (in dollars) of removing p amount (percent) of the smokestack pollutants is given by C=80,000p/ (100-p)

It is not possible because it will be hard to find resources to generate electricity

Algebraic analysis:

C= 80.000p/ (100-p)

C= 80,000(100)/ (100-100)

C = 8000000/0

C= undefined

This was part B

What happens if the company does try to remove 100 percent of the pollutants? Will the company be successful at doing so, or will the attempt end in failure, that is, will it be too much expense for the company?

This is for part B: I think the company will not succeed. Also as you can see it part A the cost will be undefined if they try to remove 100%

I do not know how to do part C: Draw a diagram to show what the consequences of the last question would be. Lable the vertical asymptote(s) and analyze their impact on the company’s expense.

I know that the vertical asymptote(s) is 100. But I do not know how to do the graph
What happens to C as p gets closer and closer to 100? How would this be reflected in the behavior of the graph near p=100? How does this relate to the definition of an asymptote?

What happens to C as p gets closer and closer to 100? How would this be reflected in the behavior of the graph near p=100? How does this relate to the definition of an asymptote?
The thing that parts to C as it get closer and closer to 100 is that it goes higher. For the other two, my teacher never taught me about those two.