Graphing Linear Functions

plac6636

My question asks "is Y = 20X + 9.1Z linear". If graphed it and since both X and Z can be any number...I'm getting that it is NOT linear...but I just feel like this is too easy of a question...am I thinking of it a wrong way?

You are not in the right space.

Without Z, is it linear?
Without X, is it linear?
Is there ANY interaction between X and Z?

It looks linear to me. There is no term of degree greater than one (1).

I didn't mean to post it twice...I just felt stupid because this really isn't a "Calculus" question...but rather a algebra question....anyways...
This is an economics problem dealing with simultaneous markets. So i'm think now that it may be linear because doesnt the price of wheat (x) depend on the price of corn (z)???? Do you see what I'm saying? This is just an easy question to be asking for help on.

plac6636 said:
Are u not going to help me?

There is no paid staff here to help you. The tutors are volunteers who surf by when they can. Expect to wait hours, if not days, for a response.

U had time to post that, and you have time to post a message to scold me for posting my message twice....but you didn't have time to post a yes or no answer? If you got paid...maybe you wouldn't be so rude! Thanks for your help!

plac6636 said:
U had time to post that, and you have time to post a message to scold me for posting my message twice....but you didn't have time to post a yes or no answer? If you got paid...maybe you wouldn't be so rude! Thanks for your help!

Nope, I didn't "scold" you for posting a message twice. I believe you have the wrong person.

Also, I didn't want you to sit here the entire day waiting for a response. I was trying to help you. You want to get angry about it? Well, that's on you, not me.

happy said:
There is no paid staff here to help you. The tutors are volunteers who surf by when they can. Expect to wait hours, if not days, for a response.

Geezzz happy, give the kid a break; seems to me that at least half your posts
consist of the above: why don't you make that your signature :idea:

This kid does not abuse: 19 posts, joined Aug/2005.
AND: I've yet to see anyone WAITING DAYS...

After tkhunny posted a tutoring reply, including an answer, plac6636 expressed displeasure thusly:

plac6636 said:
Are u not going to help me?
I don't see how happy is the problem here.

Eliz.