H

1612008184238.pngThe solution to part C is 43.2 degrees.Mine, howevever was different (second image).Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 8.04.00 PM.pnger,

I created a hypothetical second triangle, from F downwards (naming the side M), to find the length of a. I then made a triangle from F to a, to 30 - x to find the angle of elevation.
But why? Please explain your thinking, and how it fits the problem. My best guess is that you don't understand that B, F, and T in the picture are all on level ground, so that FT is horizontal.

If the top of the tree is S, you have a right triangle FTS, where FT = 32 m and TS = 30 m. Just find the angle in that triangle. Nothing fancy is needed, and you will get their answer.

If you still don't understand, please show at least your answers, if not work, for parts a and b, so I can see where you are coming from.

What does your x represent? I am thinking you might be attempting to find the angle of elevation from Filipe's eye level?
Because you are not given his height, you need to take the angle of elevation from ground level.

Name things

1612059627750.png

This is assuming that the diagram has anything to do with the problem. See Dr. Peterson.

As far as I can tell, the Law of Cosines is needed only for part a; and the diagram with point M is totally irrelevant. Line FT is horizontal, not sloped; line MF is a horizontal line pointing north, not a vertical line.

1612137478772.png
F and T are on level ground. The top of the tree is vertically above T. (Both of those things are stated in the question.)
You need to find the magnitude of angle F. Simple right-angled triangle trigonometry.