Hallo! challenging yet short system of equations problem

ciscicle

the problem is as follows:

14a=b \ 22c=d (side note: is a backslash an appropriate way to designate a system of equations? )

Im curious if its possible to get explicit constant values for any one of these variables ( which would then allow me to find all others). such appears to be impossible to me, but i have this sneaking suspicion its not. my work is as follows

14a=b \ 22c=d -> 14a=b \ 22c=ea -> a=b/14 \ a=22c/e \ c=22/d \ e=22c/a \ .......
its about here that im getting stuck. There are so many possibilities, I dont know where to begin/ how to do this comprehensively..
any and all suggestions appreciated!

sincerely

ciscicle

Normally you simply write the equations separately. So 14a = b, 22c = d would work just as well.

Anyway, the two equations aren't "coupled" in the sense that they don't contain the same variables. This means it isn't really a system of equations... they are separate. Your solution set would simply be [math]\{ a, b, c, d \} = \{ a, 14 a, c, 22 c \}[/math] for all a and c.

-Dan

Normally you simply write the equations separately. So 14a = b, 22c = d would work just as well.

Anyway, the two equations aren't "coupled" in the sense that they don't contain the same variables. This means it isn't really a system of equations... they are separate. Your solution set would simply be [math]\{ a, b, c, d \} = \{ a, 14 a, c, 22 c \}[/math] for all a and c.

-Dan

I have been a fool! I dont understand the fucntionality of such an array expression, is it merely primitive data?.. Im between python 2 and 3 and algebra 1 and 2, Ill find it in my curriculum

Thank you dan!