Hello Everyone I am new MEMBER :)))

Saeed

Hi guys i am newbie :))) .... i figured out that this forum is cool so i decided to join here to solve problems & help each other in math ... I am from Iran (dont know how many of you know my country) my major is Mathematics & i'm just at beginning of the way so wish me luck :))))

Hi guys i am newbie :))) .... i figured out that this forum is cool so i decided to join here to solve problems & help each other in math ... I am from Iran (dont know how many of you know my country) my major is Mathematics & i'm just at beginning of the way so wish me luck :))))
Welcome aboard! I remember the good old day when I was a math major. Which math course(s) are you currently studying?

Welcome aboard! I remember the good old day when I was a math major. Which math course(s) are you currently studying?
thanks dude yea i am still studying and i just have 2 years left till i graduate from high school then go to the university ... in my country , its law is different i dont know what is it in your country but we just finished derivative and for next year we are going to study integral i guess i'm in high-intermediate

thanks dude yea i am still studying and i just have 2 years left till i graduate from high school then go to the university ... in my country , its law is different i dont know what is it in your country but we just finished derivative and for next year we are going to study integral i guess i'm in high-intermediate
Hi, I live in America and just a small percentage of students study Calculus 1 (derivatives) and even less, much less, study Calculus 2 (integral calculus) in high school. In the university the failure rate for students who take calculus is quite high. In my opinion, the USA does not have an educational system prior to college. We have decent colleges and probably the best graduate programs in the world. The sad part is that many americans with a college degree in math are ill prepared to finish a PhD program in math

In my opinion, the USA does not have an educational system prior to college.

What could lead you to say such a thing! (3-min video)

I encourage you to watch 'till the end; see how smart they are. I could not answer those last three questions myself!!

Hi, I live in America and just a small percentage of students study Calculus 1 (derivatives) and even less, much less, study Calculus 2 (integral calculus) in high school. In the university the failure rate for students who take calculus is quite high. In my opinion, the USA does not have an educational system prior to college. We have decent colleges and probably the best graduate programs in the world. The sad part is that many americans with a college degree in math are ill prepared to finish a PhD program in math

no Jomo dont say that, your country educational system is good at least better than my country you dont know how awful schools we have that we study it. we are studying on our own & no one cares about they all care about money. but in my country we study Integral & Derivatives in high school which is too heavy for 16-17 year old boy.

these are our books ...
IMG_20150503_214506.jpg

no Jomo dont say that, your country educational system is good at least better than my country you dont know how awful schools we have that we study it. we are studying on our own & no one cares about they all care about money. but in my country we study Integral & Derivatives in high school which is too heavy for 16-17 year old boy.

these are our books ...
View attachment 5271
I have seen country where the students do not have any textbooks, yet these students come to america and earn PhDs with little difficulty. I consider myself bright, yet I was so ill prepared for the PhD math program I entered and flunked out of. My statement is not about me. I taught (retired now) math at a community college and we (as well as all other community colleges)offered 30 sections of arithmetic (4th grade level math and these students graduated high school), 20 sections of algebra, 10 sections of advanced algebra, 3 sections of pre calculus, 2 sections of calculus 1. And most of the students in calculus 1 did not start there when they came to the college.

Hi , Saeed
me to new here :eek: , welcome to the Free Math help Forum and enjoy your stay.I'm sure you'll find your time on this site to be very rewarding!

Normal Distribution

Hello everyone I am a new member and i'm just looking for help concerning Binomial distribution, I am from Kiribati and currently a senior in High school and at the end of this year there will be an exam for a fund in the University of the South Pacific and that's scares me especially Statistics which I usually failed. We have gone through Probability with our Teacher on Conditional events, Mutually exclusive, complement, Dependent and Independent events and also Binomial distribution. On normal distribution it is hard to me to read z-value table that is normally my mistake.