Help appreciated!

qwertyuiop123

Hi, I have been facing this task but I'm not sure how to start and get passed of it.

The task:
For each positive integer n, find the number a (where a belongs to the set of positive natural numbers and is less than one million) such that there exists a number b formed by permutation of the digits of a such that b=a*n.

Write down the product of the non-zero results.

Hi, I have been facing this task but I'm not sure how to start and get passed of it.

The task:
For each positive integer n, find the number a (where a belongs to the set of positive natural numbers and is less than one million) such that there exists a number b formed by permutation of the digits of a such that b=a*n.

Looks like you have paraphrased/translated the problem statement.

Can you please post a screenshot of your assignment?

The task:

As I read the last line, you are to find the product of infinitely many numbers a. (Since a must be a positive natural number, it can't be zero; if they are implying that it can only be done for a finite set of n's, what are you to when there is no a?)

It's also odd that they imply there is only one a for any given n.

I'd probably start by trying to find a for a couple specific values of n, such as 2 and 3. You might also think about what will happen with larger values of n, like 123.

But it will also be helpful if you tell us the context of the question: Where does it come from, and what have you learned that might be useful?