Help?...ASAP.... Due in tomorrow/ coursework, m1,m2

Me+Maths=12IP

This is due in tomorrow, hopefully one of you can help me. Can you show me the working out as well as the answer please.

The first question is: The following pair of equations relates to results taken from pressure measurements at two points in a pneumatic system. Solve them to find values for P1 and P2. (The 1 are meant to be smaller in P1 and same for P2)

3P1 - 4P2=71
2P1+2P2=10

The second question is: Solve the following equation by factorization

4S2-11s-3=0 (its actually 4s2 as in four s squared)

The third question is: Solve the following equation using the formula method (I think the "method" is quadratic)

Thanks so much too whoever helps!<3 if anyone helps :p

And if anyone's wondering... this is M1 and M2 in Engineering Unit 4.

This is due in tomorrow, hopefully one of you can help me. Can you show me the working out as well as the answer please.

The first question is: The following pair of equations relates to results taken from pressure measurements at two points in a pneumatic system. Solve them to find values for P1 and P2. (The 1 are meant to be smaller in P1 and same for P2)

3P1 - 4P2=71 ...........(1)
2P1+2P2=10 ............(2)

Multiply (2) by 2 and add to (1).

What do you get?

The second question is: Solve the following equation by factorization

4S2-11s-3=0 (its actually 4s2 as in four s squared)

Hint: 4 * (-3) = (-12) * (1)

The third question is: Solve the following equation using the formula method (I think the "method" is quadratic)

What are the roots of a quadratic equation?

Thanks so much too whoever helps!<3 if anyone helps :p

And if anyone's wondering... this is M1 and M2 in Engineering Unit 4.

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

Sorry i didnt know the rules just read them and i dont know any of it as last year i did foundation paper for gcse and barely scraped a c at 171 marks. Exact a C mind you i had to get it remarked aswell. All of this is new to me. I searched youtube but its just kind of tricky.

Sorry i didnt know the rules just read them and i dont know any of it as last year i did foundation paper for gcse and barely scraped a c at 171 marks. Exact a C mind you i had to get it remarked aswell. All of this is new to me. I searched youtube but its just kind of tricky.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand a lot of what is stated in the above...? However, I do understand the statement "All of this is new to me." Are you saying that none of this material has been covered in class, so you're needing lessons on these topics? Thank you. ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand a lot of what is stated in the above...? However, I do understand the statement "All of this is new to me." Are you saying that none of this material has been covered in class, so you're needing lessons on these topics? Thank you. ;)

Pretty much..... I have done some working out but it seems wrong if I show them can you tell me where I went wrong?

Are you saying that none of this material has been covered in class...?
Pretty much.....
Okay. Let's start by figuring out how far back we need to go. You sound as though you've not heard of "quadratic" stuff, so we'll need to start before that. Have you done anything with linear equations at all? Solving? Graphing? Finding slopes? Does any of that sound at all familiar?

Thank you! ;)

I have heard of it but i dont know what it is as im new to the country(i live in uk used to live in uae) i never went school back in uae as it was optional but now i have to so all of maths is new to me other than adding and subtracting and multiplication and division....:(

all of maths is new to me other than adding and subtracting and multiplication and division....
If all you've actually studied is arithmetic, then you should never have been placed into intermediate algebra. You first need to review arithmetic, and then study pre-algebra and beginning algebra.

Unfortunately, there is no way to teach you a year or two of math classes in a forum posting. Please have a serious talk with your academic advisor about appropriate course placement. (And, if you complain enough, maybe you can get a refund of your course fees so far?) Good luck! ;)