Help! ASAP please!

Student103

I have completed all my other questions. I am just having trouble with these two. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0587 2.JPG
    IMG_0587 2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
I am not able to find the answer. I think it is 7. It is for calculus.
I am not able to find the answer. I think it is 7 implies you tried something so can you show us what you tried? I doubt that 7 is the answer.

Here is an example: f(x) = x+2 and g(x) = x3. Then gof (x)= g(f(x)) = g( x+2) = (x+2)3

Hi Student103. You've probably already done compositions of two functions (some of those other questions in your assignment, perhaps.) The exercise in post #1 is handled the same way, just with an extra composition.

The answer will be an expression containing variable symbol x.

Try the gºh part of the composition. That is, when you take the output of function h and input it into function g, what expression comes out?

Tip: You don't need to multiply out any expressions, in this exercise -- just as Jomo didn't cube x+2 in his example (he left it in factored form (x+2)3 and that's okay).

In case my assumption is wrong and you've never actually formed composite functions, then I'd suggest trying your textbook's index. Plenty of video lectures with worked examples are available by searching, as well.