help calculus question

angelbravo2143

A factory charges a manufacturing rate of ?(?)=4?−0.3?2+10 thousands of dollars per month. Determine the total price for using the factory for the first 3 months of operation. Give your answer in thousands of dollars. m=months

A factory charges a manufacturing rate of ?(?)=4?−0.3?2+10C(m)=4m−0.3m2+10 thousands of dollars per month. Determine the total price for using the factory for the first 3 months of operation. Give your answer in thousands of dollars. m=months
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

A factory charges a manufacturing rate of ?(?)=4?−0.3?2+10 thousands of dollars per month. Determine the total price for using the factory for the first 3 months of operation. Give your answer in thousands of dollars. m=months
The problem seems a little ambiguous to me. It is written as if this rate were a continuous function, in which case integration (from 0 to 3?) would be appropriate; but a month is a discrete unit of time ("first three months"), so it may well mean that C(1) is the rate for the first month, and so on. In that case, we need a summation.

What topic is being taught? Has anything more been said about the meaning of the function? It would have been better if the variable m had been defined more precisely.

Ah, I'd thought the domain was continuous (missed "per"), and I'd misinterpreted the rate as well. (Didn't even know I was on the Calculus board, oops.)

:censored: