Help, got a test coming up and non of my friends know how and too afraid to ask the professor on how to solve this equation

MethMath11

What dik and dit means?
Dik = the datas
Dit = the question
Or you could just ignore it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-13-19-44-25-657_jp.naver.line.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-13-19-44-25-657_jp.naver.line.android.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 7
I think you are saying that "dik" means something like "Given:", and "dit" means something like "Find:".

You are told that f has period 5; one implication is that if you shift the bounds of an integral by 5 (or a multiple of 5), the result is unchanged. So the integral from -5 to -4 is the same as, say, the integral from 0 to 1. Do you see that? Then, what is the integral from 0 to 5?

Then, what can you put together to get the integral from 5 to 15?

But you also need to learn to talk to your professor. That is part of how you learn, and is part of what he is paid to do!

I think you are saying that "dik" means something like "Given:", and "dit" means something like "Find:".

You are told that f has period 5; one implication is that if you shift the bounds of an integral by 5 (or a multiple of 5), the result is unchanged. So the integral from -5 to -4 is the same as, say, the integral from 0 to 1. Do you see that? Then, what is the integral from 0 to 5?

Then, what can you put together to get the integral from 5 to 15?

But you also need to learn to talk to your professor. That is part of how you learn, and is part of what he is paid to do!
Thank you, and i'll try. But it's going to take a while,idk if things are different, but it's pretty hard to get close to a killer professor, but i'll try

So, what are your answers to my questions? (They don't take long ...) If you're not sure, tell me why, and what you observe even if it is not an answer.

If your professor is inaccessible, as does happen in big universities, there may be a teaching assistant or other lowlier person whose job is to connect with you; or there may be a learning center staffed with student tutors or others. Forming a study group with students in your class is another option; someone else might have understood something you missed.