Help me please with some integrals

thenerdystudent

I have attached a file with the problem I have to solve. Thank you in advance for anyone who can help

Attachments

• math problem.jpg
    math problem.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3
I have attached a file with the problem I have to solve. Thank you in advance for anyone who can help

attachment.php
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

The image is too small for all of the text to be clear. I think the following is what is contained in the image:

Solve two integrals.

The following two integrals are extended to the three-dimensional space \(\displaystyle \, \mathbb{R}:\)

. . . . .\(\displaystyle \displaystyle N\, =\, \int_{\mathbb{R}^2}\, \dfrac{R\, (x\, \sin(\theta)\, -\, y\,\cos(\theta)}{(R\, +\, x\, \sin(\theta)\, -\, y\, \cos(\theta))^4}\, dV\)

. . . . .\(\displaystyle \displaystyle M\, =\, \int_{\mathbb{R}^2}\, \dfrac{R^2}{(R\, +\, x\, \sin(\theta)\, -\, y\, \cos(\theta))^4}\, dV\)

...where \(\displaystyle \, dV\, =\, dx\, dy\, dz\,\) is the volume element and:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle \displaystyle R\, =\, \sqrt{\strut \left(x\, -\, \cos(\theta)\right)^2\, +\, \left(y\, -\, \sin(\theta)\right)^2\, +\, z^2\,}\)

...is the distance from any point \(\displaystyle \, (x,\, y,\, z)\, \in\, \mathbb{R}^3\,\) to a point \(\displaystyle \,\left(\cos(\theta),\, \sin(\theta),\, 0\right)\,\) on the unit circle on the XOY plane and centered at the origin, which itself depends on (x, y, z) by the expression \(\displaystyle \, \theta\, =\, -R.\)

Properties

• It is suspected that both integrals give the same value.
  • The integrals are singular only along the points on the XOY plane which satisfy
. . . . .\(\displaystyle x(\phi)\, =\, \cos(\phi)\, -\, \phi\, \sin(\phi),\, y(\phi)\, =\, \sin(\phi)\, +\, \phi\, \cos(\phi),\)

...and depict the espiral of step \(\displaystyle \,2\pi.\)

Problem

Determine, by any method, the finite value of both integrals N and M, either analytically or numerically, if the singularities can be circumvented.

When you reply with your thoughts and efforts so far, kindly please also include corrections or confirmation. Thank you! ;)