Help me to solve this.

aley

hi can someone help me about this, I'm really dumb, thank you in advance.

1. Dress up an octagonal room with furniture and fixtures in such a way that the room appear to be spacious and must reflect the efficient use of materials.

2. The beams of most bridges are trapezoidal; determine the measure of the sides, braces and angles with the least number of known measures.

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_003422.JPG
    IMG_20210516_003422.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210516_003630.JPG
    IMG_20210516_003630.JPG
    917.7 KB · Views: 6
hi can someone help me about this, I'm really dumb, thank you in advance.

1. Dress up an octagonal room with furniture and fixtures in such a way that the room appear to be spacious and must reflect the efficient use of materials.

2. The beams of most bridges are trapezoidal; determine the measure of the sides, braces and angles with the least number of known measures.
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

I'm stuck on both, I really don't know how to answer that, I try watching videos in YouTube, searching answers about that, but still nothing. Our teacher just give me that paper with no example that's why I'm here asking for help.

Attachments

• 1621097370543.png
    1621097370543.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1
You know more than I do! If I knew what course you're taking, and what topics you have studied, and what the rubric says about how your answer will be judged, I might be able to make some suggestions.

But ultimately, this is a creative writing exercise built around whatever math you have learned. It needs to be your creativity that is exercised. So, what ideas do you have based on what you've seen?

Hi, our topics is about Midline Theorem, Theorems on Trapezoids and Kites, and Solving Problems Involving Parallelograms, Trapezoids and Kites. I'm in 9th grade.

Okay. Now, be creative. Can you think of anything in either situation that you might write a problem about? Maybe you want to design a sofa that will fit beneath one of the windows, or a simple bridge truss. Write a problem that asks a student to do some part of that. Carefully read the paragraph at the top, under "Let us enhance".

(I'm not sure exactly what is meant by trapezoidal "beams"; they may mean the way beams are put together to make a truss. Do you see any trapezoids in the picture? Do you know anything about their diagonals?)

Have you been assigned any problems in which you were asked to apply what you learned to something in real life? This assignment is to write such a problem yourself, as if you were the teacher. So have fun with it.