Help me!!

Bea

Bruno rides a bus in going to school.If the driver charges PHP 10.00 for the first 5km and additional Php 1.00 for every kilometer or a fraction of it thereafter,how much will he pay if his school is 7km away?

a.Prepare a table at least 5 values of x and y,where x is the number of km travelled,and y is the fare.

b.State the relationship between x and y in mathematical symbols.

PS: I use PHP as my currency because I live in the Philippines.....Please answer this especially B question....Thank you in advance!!

Bruno rides a bus in going to school.If the driver charges PHP 10.00 for the first 5km and additional Php 1.00 for every kilometer or a fraction of it thereafter,how much will he pay if his school is 7km away?

a.Prepare a table at least 5 values of x and y,where x is the number of km travelled,and y is the fare.

PS: I use PHP as my currency because I live in the Philippines.....Please answer this especially B question....Thank you in advance!!
Please share your work for part (a).

For b, you need to use "ceiling function " .

Please show what you have done so far, so we can see where you need help.

Your table should help in stating the formula; but you may have chosen values that are not as helpful as they could be. On the other hand, you don't need to use the table, if you just think carefully about how you determine the fare.

[MATH][/MATH]

Your table should help in stating the formula; but you may have chosen values that are not as helpful as they could be. On the other hand, you don't need to use the table, if you just think carefully about how you determine the fare.
This is my table

x y
5 10
6 11
7 12
8 13
9 14

I believe I wrote my answer on another thread, where you hadn't shown your table; they've been combined now.

In post #4 the ceiling function is mentioned. Do you know about that?

We need to know what you are learning. If you only know about basic linear functions, then you would have to assume that x is a whole number. The problem would be very simple. If you need to write an expression that works for any positive number, then you will need something like the ceiling function, and we need to know what you have learned about.

So please tell us about the course you are taking and recent topics covered.

I just need to state the relationship between x and y in mathematical symbol?....Please help me I can do the rest!!

I believe I wrote my answer on another thread, where you hadn't shown your table; they've been combined now.

In post #4 the ceiling function is mentioned. Do you know about that?

We need to know what you are learning. If you only know about basic linear functions, then you would have to assume that x is a whole number. The problem would be very simple. If you need to write an expression that works for any positive number, then you will need something like the ceiling function, and we need to know what you have learned about.

So please tell us about the course you are taking and recent topics covered.
It is Solving problems involving linear function

It is Solving problems involving linear function
Then it sounds like you aren't expected to do any more than write a linear function, without worrying about "every kilometer or a fraction of it".

Look at your table. Do you see that it represents points on a straight line, the first one being (5, 10)?
This is my table

x y
5 10
6 11
7 12
8 13
9 14
Pick any two of those points and use either the point-slope form or the slope-intercept form to write an equation.

If you don't know what that means, then I'll need to see more details about what you have learned. You might show an example you were given that involved writing the equation of a line, so we can be sure what methods you know.

Can you think of one rule that you can do each x value to get the corresponding y value?