1 + cosx
----------
1-cosx

-

1-cosx
--------
1+cosx

= 4cotx cscx

I can get to the end, where I get 4cosx over sin^2x but I don't understand how that turns into 4 cotx cscx

Can someone help me out? because other forums are RUDE!

That's because \(\displaystyle \L\\cot(x)=\frac{1}{tan(x)}\text{and} csc(x)=\frac{1}{sin(x)}\)

Then you have:

\(\displaystyle \L\\4\frac{1}{tan(x)}\cdot\frac{1}{sin(x)}=4\frac{cos(x)}{sin(x)}\cdot\frac{1}{sin(x)}=4\frac{cos(x)}{sin^{2}(x)}\)

Re: help on trig identities because other forums are RUDE!

"spillthestars"
This not meant to be rude, just fact.
I cannot read what you posted. It is so poorly formated.
Go to the top of this page. On Forum Help read Karl's notes.

I saw no rudeness in the other thread. The tutors in any forum are going to ask that you state your question clearly, since otherwise there is little chance of them understanding you correctly.

Eliz.

Excuse me, sorry guys but I wasn't even talking about a forum thats even on this website. Geez, sorry for the misunderstanding

and btw the website that person posted as a link, they were RUDE on there because I was trying to get help and some guy goes on there and says I need to show work, well if I knew how to do it I would be! Thats why it was rude, not because they cannot read my format, I don't even know how to make it look professional like everyone else does, so my bad.

Definition: "Show your work" - Provide some sort of discussion or demonstration of your efforts.

Show us a problem or two that you solved.
Show us why you think this one is different.
Give us a clue what you think might work.