Help Please

mominneedofhelp

hello I have 7th grader who needs help with his work and i have no clue how to do it or where to start.

Julian creates a mural of a building that is 1/2 yard wide and 3 yards long. He wants to create a second mural of the same building but is 1 yard wide.

How long will the second mural of the building be?

hello I have 7th grader who needs help with his work and i have no clue how to do it or where to start.

Julian creates a mural of a building that is 1/2 yard wide and 3 yards long. He wants to create a second mural of the same building but is 1 yard wide.

The question is incomplete

When Julian creates the second mural (which is 1 yard wide)

- would he keep the length of the mural same (= 3 yds.)​
- or he would keep the proportion of the mural same and make the length = 6 yds. ?​

I read the problem again.

Without explicitly saying it - question implies proportional increase (I hate these implications in math problem - these become a puzzle).

So for proportional mural - if the width was doubled (from 1/2 yd. to 1 yd.), the length should be doubled too (from 3 yd.). Then

the new length = ?

I read the problem again.

Without explicitly saying it - question implies proportional increase (I hate these implications in math problem - these become a puzzle).

So for proportional mural - if the width was doubled (from 1/2 yd. to 1 yd.), the length should be doubled too (from 3 yd.). Then

the new length = ?
so then it would be 6?