Help plz

Burgasaurus

Just need help with getting from the top equation to the bottom.. for whatever reason I cannot wrap my head around this. I know we are just isolating Po

anyways thanks!

Attachments

• 65F9B25F-2942-4F2B-9F98-F5AE37F54EEF.jpeg
    65F9B25F-2942-4F2B-9F98-F5AE37F54EEF.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 3
Start by adding 1 to both sides of the equation (and simplify the RHS)

Can you think of a possible next step?

Start by adding 1 to both sides of the equation (and simplify the RHS)

Can you think of a possible next step?

I’d get : er +1 = Ed+p1 / Po

at this point i feel like I need to multiply both sides by Po to remove it from the right side

Hint: If a=b and they are not 0, then 1/a =1/b.

If you prefer, if a/b = c/d and a is not 0, them b/a = d/c

Use this fact after you add 1 to both sides as cubist suggested.

Hint: If a=b and they are not 0, then 1/a =1/b.

If you prefer, if a/b = c/d and a is not 0, them b/a = d/c

Use this fact after you add 1 to both sides as cubist suggested.

So your saying this is still the same

1/er+1 = Ed+P1/Po

No, I never said that the reciprocal of a sum is the sum of the reciprocal. For example the reciprocal (1/2 + 1/2) is not rec(1/2) + rec(1/2). Why? Since 1/2 + 1/2 = 1, then rec(1/2 + 1/2) = rec(1) =1, while rec(1/2) + rec(1/2) = 2 + 2 = 4 (not 1!)

You arrived at (Er+1) = (Ed+ P1)/P0. Now take the reciprocal of both sides. Again, a reciprocal of a/b is simply b/a.

… er +1 = (Ed+p1)/Po

at this point i feel like I need to multiply both sides by Po …
Hi Burgasaurus. Yes, that's one way to proceed. On the left-hand side, you will have Po times an expression. Divide each side by that expression, to finish.

Multiplying each side and then dividing each side may also be done in a single step: Multiply each side by the ratio Po/(er+1).

PS: When numerators or denominators contain more than a single symbol or number, we type grouping symbols around them (as shown in red, above).

?