Help! Probability

lex09

de06a4fd-cfaf-477a-9857-9a90846332c2.PNG
9643cbc1-7fa8-49f7-9f61-797831f4ce75.PNG

You have shown NONE of your worn work or thoughts. You have been given this problem to see if you know ONE thing about probability distributions. What ONE thing about probability distributions will answer your assigned questions?

Um, I did. He misinterpreted & he can’t have an equal chance since it doesn’t say it’s a “fair” card game

This is a help forum where we want to help you solve your problem. If you show no work then we do not know where you need help.

I will go one step further than tkhunny went and ask you what should p(x=2) + p(x=1) + p(x=0) + p(x=5) equal?

Um, I did. He misinterpreted & he can’t have an equal chance since it doesn’t say it’s a “fair” card game
Who is 'he' and why can't he have an equal chance? To be a fair game it has to say it is a fair game??

Here is a game. You toss a fair coin and if it comes up heads you win $5 and if it turns up tails you lose $5. This game is not fair since it doesn't say so.

You as well as Nico are incorrect for the same reason. What must the sum of the probabilities equal?

The sum of the probabilities of all outcomes have to equal 1, but when two events have no outcomes in common, the probability that one or the other occurs is the sum of their individual probabilities.

The sum of the probabilities of all outcomes have to equal 1, but when two events have no outcomes in common, the probability that one or the other occurs is the sum of their individual probabilities.
Do Nico probabilities sum to 1? If not what does it mean? Which value of p would make the sum equal 1. Now do your work and be done?