Help reading simple equation

Klang

Well this is embarrassing but I'm struggling with reading the bellow equation.

So t' is adjusted time with new filtration and t = current exposure time
The dots signify multiplication and the line is division but in what order would the sum be done as I cannot seem to get any where near the answer in the example?

Meopta.JPG

Thank you

What answer/s did you get?

Please show your work in getting those answer/s.​

Hi,

Well if I take the top row for example and multiply them i.e. 1.17x2.01x1.00 and then do the same for the bottom 1.14 etc, then divide the totals of each. But that doesn't take into account the time etc

Or is it t i.e. 10 x 1.17 divided by 1.14

Hi,

Well if I take the top row for example and multiply them i.e. 1.17x2.01x1.00 and then do the same for the bottom 1.14 etc, then divide the totals of each. But that doesn't take into account the time etc

Please rewrite the complete equation with which you are working and then show your work.

Hi,

Yes, of course- your equation clearly says t times the fraction \(\displaystyle \frac{km'\cdot ky'\cdot kc'}{km\cdot ky \cdot kc}\) and each example, with t= 10, shows 10 times the fraction.

Yes, of course- your equation clearly says t times the fraction \(\displaystyle \frac{km'\cdot ky'\cdot kc'}{km\cdot ky \cdot kc}\) and each example, with t= 10, shows 10 times the fraction.

Thank you got it.

10x(1.17x2.01x1.00)÷(1.14x1.69x1.00)=12.20 Seconds

I guess to expand on that so the above gives me the correct answer when inputted into a scientific calculator but out of interest in what order would this equation be performed when using a non scientific calculator i.e. written by hand or with a calculator without the brackets function. Does that question make sense?

Thank you got it.

I guess to expand on that so the above gives me the correct answer when inputted into a scientific calculator but out of interest in what order would this equation be performed when using a non scientific calculator i.e. written by hand or with a calculator without the brackets function. Does that question make sense?
You may do it as follows:

1.17*2.01 = 2.3517

2.2517*1 = 2.3517

2.3517 / 1.14 = 2.0628947368421

2.06289 / 1.69 = 1.2206449704142

and so on....

Thank you got it.

Since only multiplication and division are involved, the order doesn't matter!a

If there were multiplications mixed with additions, then using "Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally" or "PEMDAS", 'parentheses", "exponents", "multiplication", "division", "addition", "subtraction", you would do all multiplications before the additions.

Since only multiplication and division are involved, the order doesn't matter!a

If there were multiplications mixed with additions, then using "Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally" or "PEMDAS", 'parentheses", "exponents", "multiplication", "division", "addition", "subtraction", you would do all multiplications before the additions.
Just be careful with those divisions - without parentheses.