Help to find compatible solution of PDEs

khyrathussain123

Dear members,

I need help to find compatible solution of following questions.

Attachments

• class.jpg
    class.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 18
We need to see your work!

In particular, I have no idea what the notation means.

(1) Show that the PDEs xp = yq and z(xp – yq) = 2xy are compatible and hence find its solution.
(2) Show that the PDEs [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]p^2 + q^2 [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] = 1 and [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]( [/FONT]p^2 + q^2[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot])x = pz [/FONT]are compatible and hence find its solution.

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 22
(1) Show that the PDEs xp = yq and z(xp – yq) = 2xy are compatible and hence find its solution.

(2) Show that the PDEs p^2 + q^2 = 1 and ( p^2 + q^2)x = pz are compatible and hence find its solution.

attachment.php

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")

One of your equations is:

\(\displaystyle p^2\,+\,q^2\,=\,1\)

...but then you attach a thumbnail which contains, in part:

\(\displaystyle P\, =\, \frac{\partial z}{\partial x}\)

Are you, contrary to standard mathematical practice, intending \(\displaystyle P\) and \(\displaystyle p\) to indicate the same variable?

Thank you. :wink:

One of your equations is:

\(\displaystyle p^2\,+\,q^2\,=\,1\)

...but then you attach a thumbnail which contains, in part:

\(\displaystyle P\, =\, \frac{\partial z}{\partial x}\)

Are you, contrary to standard mathematical practice, intending \(\displaystyle P\) and \(\displaystyle p\) to indicate the same variable?

Thank you. :wink:

I have solve first question. but not able to solve second question.
Show that the PDEs p^2 + q^2 = 1 and ( p^2 + q^2)x = pz are compatible and hence find its solution.
where
\(\displaystyle p\, =\, \frac{\partial z}{\partial x}\)

\(\displaystyle q\, =\, \frac{\partial z}{\partial y}\)