Help with figuring out # of combinations? - might be wrong forum sorry

supapro

Hello,

Its been about 15 years since I've been in a math class, so my apologies for this dumb question. But how do I figure out the number of combinations, for example?

I have 7 categories and 10 items in each category. What would be the total amount of combinations possible?

would it be 7 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10

?

appreciate the help

Can you be a bit more specific with your example please? Language is very important in these type of questions.

Is the question you have given the same as this:

How many 7 digit number plates can you have where each digit could be 0 to 9?

I have 7 categories and 10 items in each category. What would be the total amount of combinations possible?
would it be 7 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10
In order to even begin any help at all we must know basic information.
There are seven categories are the each distinct?
There are ten items in each categories are the items each distinct?
Once that is cleared-up, please tell us how the items are selected? If not selected then what?
Please give us a complete description!

so it would look like this

Categories

Background, Chains, Clothes, Eyes, Hats, Mouth, Skin and in each category (distinct) there would be 10 different items that are distinct. The items are selected at random. There would be a maximum of 10,000 ( that can be combined ), so the odds would be like throwing all of these in a bucket and they stick together at random and most random mix ups you could get would be 10,000

In that case there are \(\displaystyle 7*7*7\cdot\cdot\cdot 77= 7^{10}= 282,475,249\) combinations.