Help with Matrices

corolla

Hi,

This is my first time here so I don't know if I am posting on the right place. I need help with the following 3 questions for homework.
Thanks in advance!

a) A system of 5 equations in 3 variables having a unique solution.

b) An inconsistent system of 4 equations in 4 variables, whose augmented matrix has rank 3.

c) A system of 5 equations in 6 variables whole general solution involves 3 parameters.

Hello. Can you confirm what you're supposed to do? Is there a given question about those three parts of the exercise? Or, maybe some instructions?

Also, if you can share any thoughts or something you've started, that will help tutors to understand where you're at in the process. And if there are any words or concepts in the exercise statement that you're uncertain about, be sure to let us know. Thank you!

:)

Hi, these are the only three questions. There is nothing associated with it. The questions are the instructions and I am just confused on how to start. My teacher explained it but I am still having a lot of trouble forming the matrices. Attached below is what my instructor said, if anyone can give me an example of how they would go about finding the solution.
1632487932452.png

Hi,

This is my first time here so I don't know if I am posting on the right place. I need help with the following 3 questions for homework.
Thanks in advance!

b) An inconsistent system of 4 equations in 4 variables, whose augmented matrix has rank 3.

c) A system of 5 equations in 6 variables whole general solution involves 3 parameters.
The trouble is, there are no questions here! All they are is noun phrases.

I have to guess that maybe you were asked to find an example of each of these. Is that right?
Hi, these are the only three questions. There is nothing associated with it. The questions are the instructions and I am just confused on how to start. My teacher explained it but I am still having a lot of trouble forming the matrices. Attached below is what my instructor said, if anyone can give me an example of how they would go about finding the solution.
View attachment 28991
I still can't tell from this "answer" (if that's what you're saying it is) what the questions were.

Please show the exercise exactly as given to you.

The trouble is, there are no questions here! All they are is noun phrases.

I have to guess that maybe you were asked to find an example of each of these. Is that right?

I still can't tell from this "answer" (if that's what you're saying it is) what the questions were.

Please show the exercise exactly as given to you.
HI, yes, we are to provide an example of each of those three statements. We are studying matrices.

so yes, an example of .....

Thank you!

3 variables-- let them be x, y and z.

Choose the solution. Say x= 1, y= 3 and z=2
Now come up with 5 equations that satisfies the above values for x, y and z.

I will be kind and supply you with one equation.
x+y+z = 6 (note that 1 + 3 + 2 really does equal 6)
Now you come up with 5 more equations.