Help with this Class Game/Problem

Agusq

So, in class we played a little game,
Rules:
The teacher chose a number from 1 to 10.
There is a total of 10 students in my class
Each one has to say a number starting from the front
You cant repeat numbers.
The objective is to guess the teachers number.

Problem: The discussion began when one of my classmates said that because he was in the back he had a higher chance of choosing the teacher's number, because if the people on the front missed the number he would have a probability of 1/7 instead of the 1/10 that the first student had, at that point my class splited in two sides:

1st Side: they said that every player had the same chance no matter the position(first, last,etc) because you have to take on account the odds from the other players .

2dn Side: they said that not all players have the same probability, and the player in the front had a smaller chance of getting the teacher's number and the people in the back had a bigger chance.

Question:
Wich side is right? and why?

PD: Sorry if my English is bad, i used a little bit of google translate and my own knowledge so if you dont understand something in the post feel free to tell me and i will try to correct it.

Does the choice of one student influence the choice of ANY other student in ANY way?

No, each student can chose his own number, but he can't repeat a number that other student said