Help with trigonometry please sin...

JKearnsl

sin4(4x) + cos2x = 2sin(4x)cos4x

I can’t solve it
Help with trigonometry please

Hint:

sin4(a) = sin2(a) * sin2(a) ....... and

sin2(a) =1 - cos2(a)

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.
Your answer pleased me, but I’ve been trying to solve this for several hours, but it’s not working out for me. Maybe I'm trying to find some formula in this equation, I don’t know.
IMG_2020-07-13-23-16-41-387.jpg

The graph is this link, look at this graph.
It shows that the given is not an identity.
Are you rather to solve the equation for values of \(x~?\).
If so look here
Nice, but even if he finds difficult to plot it, it can be seen that x=0 doesn't fulfill the equality, so it is not a trigonometric identity but an equation. Actually I tried writing sin(4x) in terms of x and it gets a bit messy.

Nice, but even if he finds difficult to plot it, it can be seen that x=0 doesn't fulfill the equality, so it is not a trigonometric identity but an equation. Actually I tried writing sin(4x) in terms of x and it gets a bit messy.
A bit messy !! - huge understatement!

You can also disprove this to be "identity" by putting x = π/4.

I think only way this can be solved is through is "estimation".

Part of the solutions given by Wolfram (courtesy of pka) looks very neat: 1594678390723.png

idk. I found this on the Internet and I want to decide!
But I can’t do it :(
Please provide a link to the original you found, so we can verify whether it is copied correctly, and whether the context tells us anything about how to correct the problem. As it stands, the problem appears to be simply wrong.