Help with word problem

dewnquaqua

Flying lessons cost $645 for an 8-hour course and $1425 for a 20-hour course. Both prices include a fixed insurance fee. a. Write an equation for the cost, C, of flying lessons in terms of the length, h, of the course in hours. Hint: Find two points (h,C) given in the problem. Find the equation of the line through those points.

C=

I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

Flying lessons cost $645 for an 8-hour course and $1425 for a 20-hour course. Both prices include a fixed insurance fee. a. Write an equation for the cost, C, of flying lessons in terms of the length, h, of the course in hours. Hint: Find two points (h,C) given in the problem. Find the equation of the line through those points.

C=

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

C=

Think as if h were "x" and C were "y". They want you to assume the cost is a linear function of the form y = ax + b, where a would be a rate per hour, and b would be the fixed fee. Just find the equation of a line passing through the two given points (pairs).